Seattle Athletic Club's aquatics program offers something for all ages and abilities. Whether you're a beginner just getting your feet wet, or an experienced triathlete looking for a competitive edge, our certified instructors will help you develop your swimming skills while emphasizing fun and water safety.
We offer private, semi-private and group lessons for youths and adults, as well as water aerobics classes, swim conditioning for adults, Swim 101, Team Hydra Swim Team, and clinics to help develop and enhance your swimming!
Aquatics Class Descriptions
Open Swim/Lap Swim
Enjoy the pool or swim at your own pace anytime during Club hours! During scheduled class times, open/lap swimming may not be available. Please consult the pool schedule for scheduled classes. There may be one lane used for private lessons at any time. No lifeguard on duty. All ages are welcome.
A workout designed by our certified coaches, this class gives the swimmer a challenge to improve their cardiovascular strength and endurance with the focus on proper stroke mechanics. This class is highly recommended for the novice level as well as triathletes. If there are more than 5 participants, all lanes will be used for this class. This class is for 18 years or older.
This class is all about technique! Learn proper form for all four strokes through drills, technique and thorough instruction. For safety reasons, swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool, but it doesn’t have to be pretty!
Water Aerobics is a class designed to reduce weight-bearing stress, allowing for greater ease of movement and less impact on joints and muscles. By using water resistance and training aids this class will help you tone, strengthen, stretch and increase cardiovascular health.
Pilates & Plunge
We will start with a half hour Pilates Mat class on the pool deck, then we will jump in for a half hour of swimming that focuses on core and balance. You do NOT need to be an avid swimmer to enjoy this class! Pilates & Plunge is FREE to members.
Swim Team Prep
Swim Team Prep is for youth swimmers who are at the “Intermediate” level and above. Emphasis is placed on technique, strength and endurance. Skills are introduced for children considering competitive swimming.
Team Hydra Swim Team
Private Swim Lessons
Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons
- Lessons are available during the majority of Club operation hours.
- A complimentary 30-minute private lesson is included for new members!
$32.50 + Tax
Private Lessons (5 Pack)
$137.50 + Tax
Private Lessons (10 Pack)
$260.00 + Tax
$37.00 + Tax
Semi-Private Lesson (5 Pack)
$162.50 + Tax
Semi-Private Lesson (10 Pack)
$285.00 + Tax
Kid's Group Swim Lessons
Each of our aquatic instructors is Lifeguard and CPR certified with extensive experience both as swimmers and instructors. Our small class size along with our fun and energetic instructors provides the student with the best opportunity to learn and grow in a comfortable, relaxed setting.
- Parent & Tot – This class is for parents with toddlers that are age 6 months to 3 years. Parents will learn to safely instruct and handle toddlers in and around the water. Water safety and basics are the focus of this class. Infants must wear plastic pants and diapers in the pool. Please change diapers prior to entering the pool.
Parent/Tot is currently being run by Swim Guru on Friday mornings. Parent/tot will return to Saturdays in July.
- Pre-Floater "Otter" – This class is for children ages 3 and older who are not able to float by themselves. The focus is learning how to float while becoming comfortable in the water. The class is designed to keep the child interested and involved while also challenging them to trust the water.
- Floater "Seal" – For this class, the child should know how to float without assistance. The focus will be on floating and kicking on their stomach and back, learning to take a breath, and swimming to and from the wall without assistance.
- Dog Paddler "Sea Lion" – The ability to float, kick, and/or dog paddle 15 feet is required for this class. The purpose of this class is to increase comfort, mobility and strength in the water. Freestyle arms and breathing is introduced.
- Beginner "Dolphin" – Children should be very comfortable in the water and must be able to swim the entire length of the pool swimming backstroke and freestyle. This class will focus on breaststroke technique.
- Intermediate "Orca" – Swimmers must be able to swim one length of freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke for this class. This class focuses on the butterfly technique, as well as flip turns.
- Adult Beginner I - Whether a fearful adult or just a lack of experience, you are welcomed! The class will focus on swimming basics such as: air exchange, body position, kicking and arm strokes.
Adult Beginner II - Now, it’s time to learn coordination with an emphasis on technique. Swimmers will be taught the correct form and given various drills for each stroke to address specific needs for their strokes along with strength building exercises to build speed and endurance.
RegistrationMembers: Opens Monday, May 21stNon-Members: Opens Monday, May 28thMonday and Wednesday Afternoons (June 4th - 27th)Member: $64Non-Member: $963:30: Pre-Floater “Otter”/Floater “Seal” & Dog Paddler “Sea Lion”4:00: Pre-Floater “Otter”/Floater “Seal” & Dog Paddler “Sea Lion”4:30: Beginner “Dolphin” and Intermediate “Orca”Saturday Mornings (July 7 – August 25)(7 Classes) No class July 28thMembers: $60Non-Members: $849:30: Pre-Floater “Otter”; Floater “Seal”; Parent/Tot; Adult B110:00: Pre-Floater “Otter”; Floater “Seal”; Dog Paddler “Sea Lion”; Adult B210:30: Pre-Floater "Otter"; Dog Paddler "Sea Lion"; Beginner "Dolphin"; Intermediate "Orca"11:00: Dog Paddler; "Sea Lion"; Beginner "Dolphin"; Intermediate "Orca"11:30-12:30: Swim Team Prep
Pilates & Plunge
Pilates & Plunge
We will start with a half hour Pilates Reformer class in the Pilates Studio, then we will jump in for a half hour of swimming that focuses on core and balance. You do NOT need to be an avid swimmer to enjoy this class! Pilates & Plunge is FREE to members. Thursdays 12:00 - 1:00.
Swim To Rainier Celebratory Party, Thursday, June 7th 6:00 in the cafe
Building Closure July 22nd – 28th